Saturday, February 13, 2010

CNY 2010: A Day Away

Chinese New Year is just a day away. Like many years before, CNY is always about gatherings, celebrations and foods; and there is no exceptional for this year too.

This will be my second year to spend CNY at my in-laws and this is also the second time I will celebrate CNY at a neighboring country, Thailand. Yes, the whole family will be going to HatYai for a 3 days 2 nights trip. No doubt I am pretty excited with the trip, but I will definitely missed the gatherings (which normally happen on the 2nd day of CNY) at my mom's eldest sister place.

Though we won't be home for another 3-4 days, I thought it would still be nice to decorate our space with some CNY stuffs. After all, CNY is a celebration of 15 days.

Here, a little corner of our room is decorated with oranges or known as 'kam' in Cantonese which  actually represent 'gold'. This with hope that it will always bring us abundance fortune and wealth throughout the year(s).
What is CNY if without any CNY plant?
 

Happy Chinese New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails